Teaching Through Curiosity™
What distinguishes master teachers from the rest? A master teacher creates and fosters environments where students are curious and eager to learn. Teaching Through Curiosity™ is an innovative approach to any teaching and training situation. This approach supports the growth of inquisitiveness and induces a hunger for more learning. Teaching is an inherent human task, one that parents, managers, trainers, coaches, and people in any helping or support staff profession are involved with every day. We all want to know how to impart knowledge to those we care about and those we serve. Our goal is to give every participant new strategies and skills for constructing learning environments that are cooperative rather than pedantic. This program will explore how we can do this in a way that is fun and positively challenging for the teachers as well as for their students.
In this program, you will learn:
- How to shift from delivering information to inspiring students to discover the information for themselves.
- How to create questions and exercises that foster and encourage increased levels of student participation and interactivity.
- How accountability structures can foster and support student engagement in the learning process.
- How to inspire students to move out of their “comfort zones” when it comes to learning.
- How to structure learning tasks so that students get education tailored to their individual wants, needs, and interests.
- How to adapt these techniques to settings where the students have a wide range of skills sets, aptitudes, and levels of knowledge.
- How to transform the student from a passive recipient of information to a researcher in a way that provides immediate intrinsic rewards for learning.